Friday, May 27, 2016

CHILDREN DAY CELEBRATION. GONE ARE THOSE DAYS

Gone are those days when I cried , threatened my mum for a brand new white tennis shoes along white socks to match just to be listed among the kids that will be lined up in the sun, perhaps in the rain for a march past all in the name of the children day celebrations. Little did I know then, getting worked up for no good reason all in the name of children day celebrations, why do the most brilliant and the very neat kids always get the
HRM ONI OF IFE CELEBRTING CHILDREN DAY CELEBRANTS
tough assignment but the tough kids always got exonerated and  don't get involve in all the tough job, one can imagine what it takes to get ready for children days celebrations, we go on for rehearsal upon rehearsals, we are back on the practice Pitch while others are playing soccer and having fun out of their time, we are all subjected to series of scrutiny and monitoring all in the name of children days celebrations preparations. Mum and dad always have their own headache, parents will have to go borrowing to get a new paraphernalia such as new white tennis with white socks to complement, Gone are those days when we strive so hard to make the lost of the march past list. I remember I regretful year I could not make the list, the bad year I could not give and receive salute from the then governor of my state, the year I could not have the annual glucose d dust on my palm, the years I missed the annual lucozade drink mixed with water, the year I could not run around the field and get dried under the scorching sun with pride and comfort all in the name of sickness, the year my mum and dad went borrowing to prepare me for the annual children day with new white tennis shoe and socks but could not make it after all preparations due to series malaria, only to watch the march past on my father wardrobe like white color Tv powered by my dad old Toyota Dina truck battery which serve dual purpose all time, the serves the truck during the day but powered the tv during the night especially on Fridays of Indian and Chinese movies of Bruce lee. What do we really stand to gain and what do parent get in returns. Contention, pride of being among the selected few to represent the school, opportunity of being able to get close to see the Governor or whoever given and taken the salute. Gone are those days when we go through all these even parents through these for no good cause. Parents are always willing irrespective of what, for the pride? We are always out there rehearsing and barely have time for parents during this time  parents  still go put of their way to get us prepared. Don't you think our parents deserves more  praises. Can children day celebrations be as of the old? Gone are those days where government leadership give in time to celebrate children days with the children. God bless oni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye with hos style and manners of children celebrations where kids were hosted to a lavish celebrations at the white house of Yoruba kingdom . Happy Children day to you all out there

No comments: